Monday, April 18, 2011

God in My Waiting...

This season I am in, has been one of waiting. Everywhere I go I am waiting. Even before I left to come to YWAM I was waiting on God to speak to direction, and to bring clarity. He did speak and it brought a lot of peace. Why does the Lord speak quickly sometimes, and sometimes not? I am finding for me that it is not so easy to wait. I have one gear and that gear is high. I don't know the meaning of slow down. I know go go go. Back home it is such a fast pace environment. Everyone is in a hurry. My dad always says "hurry up and wait," when we are driving in the car and people are speeding past us only to have to slam on the breaks at the next light. Its ingrained in us by the booming voice of society, and the busyness all around us.
Even being here there are many lines that I have to stand in and wait. There are lines to the bathrooms at break times and 3 times a day waiting in line for meals. The Lord has taken me out of the busy, busy, busy mentality of back home and brought me to a place where I am squirming in an environment that is so amazing. I am just not used to being so free in my thoughts. The Lord has gotten my attention and I am fully aware that He is doing something amazing. So here I am waiting again. Waiting on God, which I am convinced will probably be a natural thing I will be doing the rest of my life. I will let you know when I hear about what is next. I am expecting great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment