Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Official!!!

I am now a YWAM student. I will start classes on monday. I have been on campus here in Hawaii for 4 days now and am sincerely blown away!! I saw the sun today... which made me very happy. This is not at all what I had expected. God is blowing out of the water all my desires and anything I thought this might look or feel like!! I am already experiencing God's amazing love for me and am still trying to take it all in. Being obedient to the call of God is not always easy. It is stretching in more ways I had thought. But as I trust in God all my apprehensions are falling away. God is so incredibly faithful. I am very eager to experience God more and more as this time continues.
We as a student body were welcomed with a traditional ceremony from the local islanders which has been going on all day. This experience has been very honoring and overwhelming. These people truly know how to bless you and make you feel welcome as a part of there "ohana" their family. By song and dance we were covered in a blessing. It was very powerful. I know that you would have loved to be here Dad to witness this. I am still so overwhelmed with many emotions as the initial shock is starting to melt and break off.
I have met so many people from all over the world. My room is made up of a gal from Switzerland, Oklahoma City, and a gal from Oregon who recently moved to Hawaii which attend the PhotoGENX DTS which are all gifted photographers. Plus 2 others that are in my specific DTS; a Korean girl from Ecuador, and a local Hawaiian. So a total of 6 of us sharing 1 bathroom. They are all so unique and fun. There are 9 different Nations represented in my Call2All DTS. I love culture and diversity!! This has been such a wonderful time.
I am truly grateful for all the support from everyone back home who has given or is still giving to this cause of me going to the nations! I love you all! I will be in touch!
Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Erin - I am so happy that you are feeling Gods love and the love of the Hawaiian people. I miss you my friend... Much love!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete